Background and Objectives
While there was a significant relief effort in Balochistan and Sindh following the intense storms and cyclone in 2007, pockets of the population remained in critical need of shelter in 2008. The project targeted the district of Kamber-Shadadkot and the border areas of Jhal Magsi District in Balochistan, where the need was greatest. The project provided emergency shelter to seven per cent of the most vulnerable from a caseload of 28,972 families without any shelter.
The objective of the projects is that the Shelter Cluster will, in coordination with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and local Government authorities, provide shelter assistance to 2,300 of the most vulnerable families in Kamber-Shadadkot District, Sindh Province, and in the border areas of Jhal Magsi District in Baluchistan, within a maximum period of four months.
* Procure and distribute shelter materials;
* Ensure minimum standards of shelter materials;
* Conduct progress Monitoring.
* Well coordinated and monitored provision of shelter materials in flood affected districts;
* 2,300 shelter kits procured and distributed.
Development Partners / Partners
Development Partners: UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF)